Dos Printer can be used to print from Dos Programs to ANY windows printing device!
Dos Printer installs a special printer driver onto the lpt1: port. When a print job is detected in the queue, Dos Printer steals it, converts it to a text file, and then processes and prints it using WINDOWS mechanisms to any WINDOWS printer that you specify.
It can also monitor for the presence of up to 4 different file names (wildcards allowed) and send them to different printers based on the file name!
It acts just like a "virtual printer driver".
It can also create pdf files, and email them.
- Email directly from DOS !
- Fax directly from DOS ! (you need a Fax Printer driver)
- Create Virtual Letterhead to use as a background for your report
- Automatic font sizing
- everything is converted to courier font so all your columns line up
- EPSON escape codes are used to apply larger, smaller, bold, underline etc even in the middle of a line!!!!
- Those pesky double lines that seem to turn up as Italic E's and similar characters are converted to their nearest courier equivalent.
- Extensive Help File
- Doesn't take focus if program run in DOS window
- Adjustable Line Height !!
- You can now print a specified file without deleting it !
- DOS Printer supports different paper sizes.
- You can use wildcards in the filename. For example, DOS Printer can be set to print all c:report*.txt files
- You can specify a left margin (Some printers can't print very close to the left margin)
- You can specify a default character spacing (print condensed reports with no printer control codes needed!)
-Many other features, and if it doesn't have what you want, just ask!!
New in version 11 - embed codes in your document that tell Dos Printer what to do with the file (include letterhead, email it etc ...)
» version 10.37 - posted on 2004-10-27
EULA - End User License Agreement
This is the licence you agreed to by clickong on the "I Agree" button when you installed DOS Printer.
The author of his software owns this software product and all its associated documentation subject to copyright with all rights reserved. This product is protected by copyright laws, intellectual property laws, international copyright treaties, and other treaties. Some parts of this software product may have been licensed from other parties, and other parts may be from the public domain. This product may only be used subject to the terms and conditions of this license.
---------------The author disclaims all warranties and conditions with regards to this product, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, as to the quality, performance or fitness for any particular purpose of the product or that its use will be uninterrupted or error free or that any benefits will flow from its use. The user acknowledges that the author could not offer this software economically without disclaiming all warranties. You are able to try the product free of charge for 30 days to determine for yourself that it is fit for your needs.
Any risk arising out of the use of this software remains with the user. To the maximum extent permissible by applicable law, in no event shall the author be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, incidental, direct or indirect damages, such as but not limited to consequential or business damages, loss of profits, loss of business, business interruption, loss of information, or any other pecuniary loss arising out of the use or inability to use this product or any of its associated software or documentation, or by the provision of, or failure to provide support for the product, whether based on breach of contract, or negligence, even if the author has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The executable file of this software must not be decompiled, reverse engineered, disassembled, modified with a patch, or modified in any other way. The penalty for using an unauthorized modification will be the maximum amount of damages that can be claimed against an offender in any court of law. The separate interface code, artwork and samples may be modified and used for any purpose, so long as that purpose does not reduce or deny the author ownership of this software product.